Monday, April 04, 2005

More GPS devices on the way..

I was pleasantly surprised by the details of the new HP hw6500. The device is obviously meant to be a Blackberry killer, and undoubtedly will be with Microsoft's recent announcement that Blackberry-like "push" technology will be integrated (for free!) into Windows Mobile 2005 and Exchange server, allowing companies to deploy Blackberry-like solutions for work email without the costs currently associated with such services.

But what really pleased me most were three little letters buried deep down in the description: GPS.

It's awesome to see OEMs integrating GPS into their devices. The MiTec Mio's had this for awhile, but in the form of a big bulky antenna attachment.

This could enable a whole bunch of great new services.. next thing I know, my phone will be steering my car.

No comments: