Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Because even Bill Gates doesn't have a college degree...

Jenna over at the JobsBlog just made an awesome post: Ivy League and Minimum Wage.

Jenna, you rock. It's colleagues like you who make me proud to work where I do today. Any of you talented and passionate readers who do not have a formal college degree and are interested in positions at Microsoft should check out Jenna's post. I hope she follows up with a success story or two.

For those of you who don't know, I dropped out of college at age 19 to work for a couple of years. It was one of the best decisions of my life. At the same time, I must say I'm kind of glad I didn't find Jenna then, or I might never have gone back to school (another one of the best decisions of my life -- luckily I was in a place where I could do it).

BTW, as a sidenote, the JobsBlog looks GREAT! I really need to start a work blog soon...

No comments: