Sunday, October 09, 2005

Gates Goes To College

BillG is about to kick off his 2005 college tour. Friends at UM can read more about his campus visit here.

It must be interesting to be a college grad considering working at Microsoft these days. One one hand, you have the semi-official JobsBlog and StevenSi's always-optimistic TechTalk. On the other hand, you've got the candidate-beware Mini-Microsoft and more transparent accounts like Working at Microsoft (via Dare).

The funny thing is that in my somewhat limited four months of experience, I agree with all of the above. I agree with Kevin and shudder at some of the truths in the recent Business Week articles.

I'm gonna hold off on posting my overall account of working at Microsoft as a newgrad for a while longer (mostly because it's Sunday and I've already been staring at the computer screen for 6 hours straight). Could be an interesting account though... soon...

No comments: