Friday, August 05, 2005

Zonked.

It's been a crazy week. I decided to take 2 days off to take a mini-vacation back to Ann Arbor last weekend and had an awesome time visiting the college friends, but came back to a boatload of work.

Here's a really great description of what I do all day (or, there's always the HR version). I'd venture a guess that unless you've been a PM in a fast-paced environment, you can't imagine how much I relate to this part:

Some years ago I realized that as a PM, my definition of vacation was not just going somewhere to have fun (work is quite fun most of the time). Vacation means getting to an environment where no decisions have to be made. I used to drive my friends nuts, since I would go visit them, and they'd say "what do you want to do?", or "where do you want to go?", and I would simply say "you decide".

When I come home from work, all I want to do is curl up on the couch and watch a good movie. No discussion, no decisions -- just dim the lights, put on some tea, and relax.

No comments: